IT STRATEGY CONSULTING
IT Strategies that Support Business Goals
All too often, a busy IT organization creates a laundry list of IT to-do projects and calls it an IT strategy. Sometimes they are requests from the business, other times they are projects that simply need to get done.
But being busy doesn’t necessarily mean that you are busy doing the right things.
Figuring out which projects are most important from a business-value perspective and ensuring that projects are done in the right sequence, is absolutely critical to a successful IT organization and business. By using a purpose- and visual-driven approach to IT strategy that derives your IT roadmap from business outcomes, you can be assured that you are not just doing valuable projects, but doing the right, valuable projects.
IT Strategy Consulting Services for Results
The starting point for most of our client engagements is rapid development of a well-constructed visual technology strategy. High-priority business goals, capabilities, and initiatives (programs, projects) must be aligned with IT’s goals, capabilities, and initiatives.
The process starts by completing a strategy alignment framework, which visualizes the relationship between IT and the firm. If there are misalignments in the relationship, they will be exposed during this process.
We will then provide your firm with qualified advice in all relevant CIO topics, such as digital transformation, IT modernisation, IT strategy definition and operationalisation, cost management, risk and compliance and act as a sounding board.
IT strategies - the challenge
IT does not do a good job aligning to business goals, with 47% of business leaders feeling that their goals are unsupported by IT. The organization spends enormous amounts of money on IT but cannot see its ROI or the value that IT adds to the organization.
- The speed of business is faster than ever before. This means that IT has a limited amount of time to consider business plans, understand their implications, and adapt. This is a strategic consideration
Most IT departments lack the skill to develop an IT strategic plan, resulting in a staggering 92% of IT departments surveyed claiming their IT strategies were less than adequate
The Strategic Resolution
Critical insight - IT strategy consulting
- Create an IT strategy based on business needs – not just intuition
- Move away from a superfluous strategic plan to clearly visualize the target state
- Articulate in terms that the business uses to ensure comprehension and compliance
Impact and result
- Develop an IT strategy based on the business context
- Clearly demonstrate how IT will meet the changing needs of the organization by showing where IT is and where IT wants to be to its stakeholders
- Show the clear alignment of the IT strategy to the organizational goals
Let us Develop Your IT Strategies, Roadmap, and Forecasts to Success
Development of an IT strategy takes between 7 to 14 business days to complete depending on the size of the organization. A final version of the strategy will be presented, including a budget forecast with sunsetting cost deductions and a sequenced roadmap for programme delivery.
Once the roadmap is fully approved, the IT team will have to ensure capacity is created to execute the strategy.
Each element within the framework provides a comprehensive set of material and tools to help you understand best practices and improve each core IT process. This will reduce recurring problems and allow your team to focus on execution.